Register now for the AMDM Summer Institute
Registration Open for the AMDM Summer Institute
Advanced Quantitative Reasoning (AQR), also known as Advanced Mathematical Decision Making (AMDM), covers a range of mathematics topics presented in applied contexts, including statistics and finance, that develop students’ college and career readiness skills. This 12th-grade capstone course engages students in relevant problems and prepares them for higher education and the workplace.
The Dana Center’s Advanced Mathematical Decision Making Using Advanced Quantitative Reasoning course materials, updated in the spring of 2017, have been enhanced to provide 100% support for the TEKS adopted in 2012, including an entirely new unit that addresses geometric concepts, matrices, and truth tables.
AMDM Summer Institute***
Dates: July 22, 2019-July 26, 2019
- The Summer Institute include 5 days of learning with four follow-up webinars.
- Sessions run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and include continental breakfast and lunch.
Location: Austin, TX
Grade-level focus: High school
Audience: Mathematics teachers of AMDM/AQR or any high school courses, instructional specialists and coaches, campus and district leaders
Note: Participants are responsible for their hotel accommodations and other travel expenses to the sessions.
***Registration for the AMDM/AQR Summer Institute is now closed. Fill out this form if you are interested in future professional learning opportunities for AMDM.
During this institute, you will:
- Experience selected student activities and course projects from the perspectives of both a learner and a teacher.
- Engage in classroom strategies using the AMDM/AQR curriculum. Though applicable for any high school math courses, these strategies will transform your classroom into a project-based learning environment and will incorporate standards-based grading.
- Network with participants from other high schools and collaborate on how to facilitate and assess student learning using the course’s instructional model.
As an institute participant, you will receive printed and electronic copies of the 2017 AMDM/AQR teacher materials.
More About Advanced Mathematical Decision Making Course Materials
AMDM course materials and professional learning services were developed in cooperation with the Texas Association of Supervisors of Mathematics with generous development funding provided by the Greater Texas Foundation. Learn more about Advanced Mathematical Decision Making Using Advanced Quantitative Reasoning on our website.
Questions? Fill out this form, and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Get in Touch
We collaborate with state districts and teachers to develop innovative curricular, resources, and professional development.