The goal of the Corequisite Research Design Collaborative (CRDC) was to explore ways to dramatically increase the number of students who successfully complete research-informed corequisite supports, particularly students who are minoritized or experiencing poverty.
The Collaborative investigated the complex factors holding a student back from achieving greater results through effective, research-informed solutions like corequisite supports.
Below are resources and publications that arose from the CRDC's work, which institutions can use to support the implementation and improvement of math and English corequisites.
- This toolkit presents design principles for implementing corequisite mathematics program and provides tools and resources to make them actionable. It supports faculty members, advisors and administrators in adopting corequisites that ensure college students – including those who are traditionally underserved – are provided the supports they need to be successful. Authored by the Dana Center with support from Strong Start to Finish and Education Commission of the States.
- This toolkit presents design principles for implementing corequisite English program and provides tools and resources to make them actionable. It supports faculty members, advisors and administrators in adopting corequisites that ensure college students – including those who are traditionally underserved – are provided the supports they need to be successful.
- This toolkit describes a three-phase process for communicating support resources to students in corequisite and gateway mathematics and English courses.
- This toolkit is a guide for establishing a formal, streamlined, and systematic way to help students connect with student services and other support resources, and to encourage self- advocacy and increased use of campus resources.
- This study focused on the challenges of at-scale corequisite mathematics course development and implementation based on the experiences of 21 system leaders, college administrators, and faculty across four states. Based on the identified challenges, this study also illuminated enabling conditions and provides recommendations for policymakers, state and college leaders, and campus faculty as they engage in corequisite development and implementation.
- This report focuses on existing challenges and recommendations for improving student transfer in Minnesota State.
- The Corequisite Research Design Collaborative (CRDC) convened its member researchers, practitioners, and policy leaders to explore the findings of Dr. Sean Pepin’s report, The Challenges of Scaling Gateway Mathematics Corequisites. During the convening discussions centered on recent findings and learnings about effective corequisite design and implementation and identified questions to inform further research and focus.
- This report focuses on the corequisite work of Houston Community College, where they have crafted and refined a holistic student support structure that increased the number of students making it to and through college-level mathematics.
- This blog from Rain Newcomb, faculty member at CRDC partner organizationFond du Lac Tribal and Community College, looks at how corequisite supports complement the school's values.
- This report summarizes the research indicating the need for additional supports for students enrolled in corequisite math courses.
- This reports shares the work that the College of Coastal Georgia is doing to incorporate mindset activities into their corequisite math courses in order to increase student success.
- This report discusses the emerging national trend of offering corequisite support for first-semester calculus courses.
The following members and institutions join the Dana Center as part of a national network of researchers, practitioners, and policy leaders from all areas within the higher education.
- Estela Bensimon, Center for Urban Education
- Lynn Brabender, Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities
- Tristan Denley, Louisiana Board of Regents
- Linda Garcia, Center for Community College Student Engagement
- Vanessa Harris, Claflin University
- Alison Kadlec, Sova Solutions
- Desmond Lewis, Houston Community College
- Alexandra (Lexa) Logue, The City University of New York
- Tia McNair, American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Sean Pepin, Kheper House Consulting
- Maxine Roberts, Strong Start to Finish
- Bruce Vandal, Bruce Vandal Consulting
- Houston Community College, Houston, TX
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College, St. Cloud, MN
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, Cloquet, MN