The goal of the Corequisite Research Design Collaborative (CRDC) is to dramatically increase the number of students who successfully complete research-informed corequisite supports, particularly students who are minoritized or experiencing poverty.
The Collaborative will explore the complex factors holding a student back from achieving greater results through effective, research-informed solutions like corequisite supports.
Below are resources and publications institutions can use to support the implementation of math and English corequisites.
Publications and Resources
Corequisite Design Principles for Mathematics (from Strong Start to Finish)
This report focuses on existing challenges and recommendations for improving student transfer in Minnesota State.
Planned work from the Collaborative includes:
A toolkit for institutions to develop a holistic student support system designed to identify and connect struggling students to appropriate supports.
Research into the obstacles that prevent the implementation of corequisites at scale. The report will include results of a convening of national leaders to review findings and develop recommendations for strategies to address the obstacles.
Publications on effective holistic student support models at institutions of higher education around the country.
- Dr. Dave Kung, Project Supervisor; Policy Director, Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin
- Joan Zoellner, Project Lead; Course Program Specialist for Postsecondary Mathematics, Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Afi Wiggins, Research Lead; Strategy and Impact Director, Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin
The following members and institutions are part of a national network of researchers, practitioners, and policy leaders from all areas within the higher education.
- Estela Bensimon, Center for Urban Education
- Lynn Brabender, Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities
- Tristan Denley, Louisiana Board of Regents
- Linda Garcia, Center for Community College Student Engagement
- Vanessa Harris, Claflin University
- Alison Kadlec, Sova Solutions
- Desmond Lewis, Houston Community College
- Alexandra (Lexa) Logue, The City University of New York
- Tia McNair, American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Sean Pepin, Kheper House Consulting
- Maxine Roberts, Strong Start to Finish
- Bruce Vandal, Bruce Vandal Consulting
- Houston Community College, Houston, TX
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College, St. Cloud, MN
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, Cloquet, MN