To effectively implement the mathematics CCSS, districts must have coherent, consistent, and comprehensive instructional resources that are connected to explicit pedagogical strategies, aligned with assessments, and supported by high-quality professional development. To address this need in mathematics, the Dana Center, in collaboration with Agile Mind, Inc., has produced and disseminated:
- free, open-access resources designed to demonstrate the new standards across high school mathematics courses
- low-cost resources for each day of instruction, beginning with Algebra I and Geometry
- the Academic Youth Development program to increase student motivation and productive persistence in the face of academic struggle
- Intensified Algebra program to serve the broad diversity of students who struggle with Algebra I.
- Essential tools for district and school improvement.
The proposed essential tools will also have broad applicability for districts that are not in the networks. We will work to identify the best channels for dissemination beyond the networks and to provide online access to ensure that districts (and states) outside the networks know about and can use the tools and resources.