Programs of Study & Mathematics Alignment
Issue: More students are enrolling in statistics and quantitative reasoning courses as institutions of higher education are realizing that the traditional mathematics sequences designed to prepare students for calculus and mathematics-intensive fields is not the most helpful preparation for students interested in non-STEM fields. But what constitutes the most appropriate mathematics for a given program of study is not always clear.
We provide research and tools to support institutional decision-making about how to align general education and major-specific requirements in mathematics. Aligning requirements is key to ensuring that today’s mobile students can transfer math courses toward their programs of study.
- Transfer Champions Initiative: An effort that fosters regional collaboration between two- and four-year institutions to support implementation of multiple pathways in Texas.
- UNT named leader in Transfer Champions Initiative.
- What Students Need to Know: Mathematics Concept Inventories for Community College Workforce Education Programs [pdf, 1.92MB ]: This report was developed by Dana Center staff in collaboration with Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana.
- Mathematics for Nursing [pdf, 2.4MB]
- Mathematics for Communications [pdf, 6.3MB]
- Mathematics for Social Work [pdf, 4.9MB]
- Mathematics for Criminal Justice [pdf, 2.9MB]