Issue: Community colleges are working to improve student success in developmental and gateway mathematics courses. A core strategy in this effort is the development of rigorous mathematics pathways aligned to programs of study.
Ensuring that new courses provide seamless transfer pathways requires careful design and coordination among two- and four-year institutions.
We designed the Dana Center’s NMP courses to meet statewide learning outcomes in Texas in order to ensure transferability. We also support ongoing efforts to foster regional communication about mathematics pathways.
- NMP Transfer and Applicability FAQ: Answers to the most common transfer-related questions.
- Transfer Champions Initiative: Information on our initiative to foster regional collaboration between two- and four-year institutions in Texas to support implementation of multiple mathematics pathways.
- Regional Transfer Workshop in Houston, Texas: Video from a panel discussion from the event.
- Review of Core Mathematics Requirements in Texas [pdf, 206KB] : Data regarding the number of Texas universities that include statistics, quantitative reasoning, and college algebra in their core curriculums.
- Texas Transfer Workshop [webcast, March 2013]: Video and slides from a statewide transfer workshop that brought together more than 50 two- and four-year representatives, sponsored by TG. [Download slides 3.6MB]
Mathematics Pathways Transfer Inventory [pdf, 1.8MB]: An inventory of mathematics course requirements for all majors at public four-year institutions in Texas.