New Mathways Project: Annotated Bibliographies
These bibliographies, written for practitioners, summarize some of the research that influences the design and implementation of the New Mathways Project, and in particular the
- Multiple pathways with relevant and challenging mathematics content aligned to specific fields of study
- Acceleration that allows students to complete a college-level math course more quickly than in the traditional developmental math sequence
- Intentional use of strategies to help students develop as learners
- Curriculum design and pedagogy should be based on proven practice
To learn more about NMP’s four guiding principles.
Annotated Bibliography: Eight Curriculum Design Standards for NMP mathematics curriculum [pdf, 762kb]
- Structure and organization of curricular materials
- Active learning
- Constructive perseverance
- Problem solving
- Context and interdisciplinary connections
- Use of terminology
- Reading and writing
To learn more about NMP’s curriculum design standards.
Annotated Bibliography: Four Pillars of the Frameworks for Mathematics and Collegiate Learning Course [pdf, 1.4mb]
- Building community and connecting to campus resources
- Developing and maintaining motivation for college success
- Developing and using study strategies and skills
- Finding your direction in college
To learn more about the four pillars of the NMP Frameworks course.