The Dana Center's Higher Education Services team focuses on positive, sustainable reform at all levels of the nation's postsecondary education system. A critical component of this work is the documentation of activities, outcomes, recommendations, and best practices in the field.
Our practitioners and collaborators combine decades of hands-on experience with a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing higher education. The development of these resources provides a strong basis for creating shared understanding among higher education practitioners and leaders.
Explore a few of our higher education publications here. For more information about these topics and others, visit the Dana Center Mathematics Pathways (DCMP) website.
Selected Higher Education Publications
Dana Center Higher Ed In Brief
The Dana Center Higher Ed In Brief is a bi-monthly email newsletter covering Dana Center and Dana Center Mathematics Pathways activities: events, new publications, news coverage, project updates, items from the field, and more. Hot topics from co-requisite remediation to equity are all explored in this vital resource.
Sign up to receive the Higher Ed In Brief.
Explore past issues:
- July/August 2018 | "Our (Academic) Year-In-Review"
- May/June 2018 | "The Impact Issue"
- March/April 2018 | "The Policy Issue"
- January/February 2018 | DCMP Implementation Guide; more...
- November/December 2017 | Launch Years Toolkit; more...
- September/October 2017 | Math Pathways in East Texas; more...
- August 2017 | Co-requisites in California; more...
- June 2017 | DCMP outcomes research, more...
- May 2017 | Martha Ellis' book; more...
- April 2017 | Workshops; more...
- March 2017 | Student Outcomes; more...
- January 2017 | Curricular Resources; more...
- December 2016 | "Special Edition: A Message from Uri"
Notes from the Field
Implementing mathematics pathways is a challenging, detailed process. Local contexts at the state, system, and institutional level require approaches specific to an implementation, and can lead implementation teams to novel solutions across a broad range of issues.
The Notes from the Field series highlights innovative practices among math pathways implementations around the country. By featuring solutions enacted by institutions of various types and sizes as well as solutions addressing a range of common challenges - from co-requisite planning to advising and beyond - we provide useful case studies to help inform planning among other implementation teams.
Read Notes from the Field:
- Number 1 | "Faculty Engagement at Metropolitan Community College - Kansas City"
- Number 2 | "Games-Based Advising at Northwest Vista College"
- Number 3 | "Effective Student Support Services at Oklahoma State University"
- Number 4 | "Scaling Co-requisite Supports at the University of Central Arkansas"
- Number 5 | "Scaling Co-requisite Supports at the Tulsa Community College"
"The Case for Mathematics Pathways"
A touchstone publication in the field of math pathways, "The Case for Mathematics Pathways" serves as a call-to-action. The brief explores mathematics as a barrier to student success and degree completion for millions of students and makes recommendations to address those challenges.
Get in Touch
We collaborate with state districts and teachers to develop innovative curricular, resources, and professional development.