Statistical Reasoning: Course History
The History of the Statistics Pathway
This course builds on the Dana Center’s earlier work with the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching to develop the initial versions of a Statway™ course. Materials from that early work are available free to use. These materials are drawn from the first prototype of the Statway™ course. Please note that these are draft materials.
Please see the Statway™ frontmatter at the beginning of each of our posted sample modules for specifics about the license for use we are granting you. We welcome your feedback on these materials. Write us at email@example.com.
- Module 1: Statistical Studies and Overview of the Data Analysis Process
- Module 2: Summarizing Data Graphically and Numerically
- Module 3: Reasoning About Bivariate Numerical Data—Linear Relationships
- Module 4: Modeling Nonlinear Relationships
- Module 5: Reasoning About Bivariate Categorical Data and Introduction to Probability
- Module 6: Formalizing Probability and Probability Distributions
- Module 7: Linking Probability to Statistical Inference
- Module 8: Inference for One Proportion
- Module 9: Inference for Two Proportions
- Module 10: Inference for Means
- Module 11: Chi-Squared Tests
- Module 12: Other Mathematical Content
Statway™ and Quantway™ are trademarks of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.